Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Gifts of the Holy Spirit

I looked through a prayer book I usually use for my office. They have other devotions or prayers in addition to the office. A couple of them were about the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit. I'd like to post one each day this week. The gifts are: Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Fortitude, Knowledge, Piety, and Fear of the Lord.

Father taught his Confirmation class about the gifts of the Spirit. You get these when you're Confirmed. The more you pray for them as you're getting ready to be Confirmed, the stronger they'll be for you. I felt badly that I didn't "open" up these gifts and start using them when I was confirmed. In fact, there were some of these I didn't know I had. Father said it wasn't too late; I still have these gifts. Now I need to use them-and pray that I can use them.

Ad Jesum per Mariam (Through Jesus through Mary)

paula

No comments:

Post a Comment