Friday, August 20, 2010

Go You Are Dismissed (The Mass Is Ended, Go In Peace)

I was thinking of what I'd do with this blog when I'm no longer a newbie to the Latin Mass. Like what I rename it? Would I keep the name the same? Or what I just start another blog with a different name? Or would I say I'm a newbie forever-just not as new as I used to be?

Yesterday I thought of a possible new name for this blog or for the new blog. Ite Missa Est. As I said the Mass is a sending forth and we continue to live our lives as Catholics and Christians outside of the church walls. I'm living that life now whether I'm a newbie or not. I think I still am-I have been going to the Latin Mass for not even a year and a half-I'm sure there's still something for me to learn-whether it's from Father-or even one of the lay people who joins us for breakfast after Mass.

I definitely have my place among the hearing Church-I feel that I'm a part of that division-not just because I'm a layperson instead of a priest or bishop-but just because I possess such limited knowledge about the Faith-and have so much more to learn. But I have my place in the Church too. Maybe it may not be as prominent as that of that of the priest. But the we're all called by the Lord to do something-even if it's not to celebrate Mass or give the sacraments. All baptized Catholics are part of the Priesthood of Believers-even babies!

I feel that I can learn from other lay people even though they are also considered the "hearing Church." I hope I can help someone else learn the faith and about the Latin Mass. I may even have a calling to do this through this blog and through other means.

Also, I need to be an example to others. That's the hard part-but probably the most important part of the preaching. St. Francis of Assisi used to say, "Preach the Gospel always-when necessary use words."

We need to live our faith by example. Actions speak louder than words. This is something that I've done a terrible job of in the past-and definitely need more improvement in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment