Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Mostaccioli Dinner

At the end of the Latin Mass Father announced that our parish will have a mostaccioli dinner to raise money for the sacristy. He encouraged us to volunteer or at least buy a ticket to the dinner. I went to the dinner and saw quite a few people I knew there from the Latin Mass and the English Masses there.

I saw both the priest who says the Latin Mass and the pastor at the dinner. In fact I saw them sitting next to each other. When a man I knew from the English Mass was ready to give me a ride home, he was standing next to a man whom I met through the Latin Mass, so I introduced the two. I was hoping to introduce at least one person from the Latin Mass and one from the English Mass to each other and had the pleasure of introducing them.

I was excited to see people from both the Latin Mass and the English Masses at the same event. This is the moment I've been waiting for. For the last 5-1/2 months I've been feeling as if I belong to two parishes. But the St. Mother Theodore Guerin Latin Mass is part of St Patrick's Parish.

No comments:

Post a Comment