Monday, July 27, 2009

Novena to St Anthony-Day 9

O Holy St Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and charity for His creatures, made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers.

Miracles waited on your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I implore you to grant this for me (request). The answer to my prayer may require a miracle. Even so, you are the Saint of Miracles.

O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms; and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours. Amen.

Day 9

St. Anthony, servant of Mary, glory of the Church, pray for our Holy Father, our bishops, our priests, our religious orders, that through their apostolic labors all may be united in faith and give greater glory to God.

Please intercede on my own behalf that I too may live my life as a true disciple of Christ.

Close with Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be to the Father, St Anthony Pray for Us

No comments:

Post a Comment