Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Rosaries in the Lounge

A lady who works in the building I live in brought some rosaries and other Catholic items to the resident lounge on my floor. I took a couple rosaries and other stuff to my room. There were lots of prayers in that material that I'd like to share with you.

Tomorrow, I'm going to post the first day of a novena to St. Anthony. He's a favorite saint of mine since I'm always losing something.

At the mostaccioli dinner, I told one of my friends from the Latin Mass about the time I lost my wallet.

I don't know if someone picked my pocket or if it fell out when I was on the bus. I said a prayer to St. Anthony and got a call about 9 months after I had lost it. Someone found it in the dumpster of a facility for the disabled and gave it to the administrator. Fortunately I had some check stubs in the wallet. I was no longer working there so someone called the lady I rented a room from while working there. I was only working part-time and could no longer afford to rent from that lady. Fortunately the lady had the phone number of the friends I was staying with. She called me at my friends' apartment and told me my wallet was found, where it was, who was holding it for me, and the phone number. Fortunately, I knew where this place was and it wasn't that difficult to get there from the apartment. Everything was still in the wallet except the money-which is almost always removed from the wallet by the time one would get it back.

And usually if something like this is lost for such a long time you'll never get it back.



No comments:

Post a Comment